Monday, June 16, 2008

Tag

I was tagged by Wanderluster over at Ramblings of a Renovating Couple. The rules: Answer the following questions about yourself. At the end of the post you pass on the questions to 6 (or so) other bloggers and list their names. Then write them a comment telling them that they've been tagged and ask them to read your blog.

1. What did you do 10 years ago?

I was working at a landscaping company and was starting to develop the landscaping design and install business I had for the last couple years of undergrad. Landscaping was my summer job, and during the other seasons my time was taken up with my undergraduate degree in Naval Architecture & Marine Engineering at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. I've always had a love of things related to architecture - it goes with being an INTP.

2. Five items on your to-do list today:

  • (a) Draw up detailed framing plans for the bathroom, utilizing a a bit of guidance.

  • (b) Determine subfloor solution to support slate tile in bathroom (includes reading some of Tile Your World

  • (c) Purchase recessed lighting for main bedroom

  • (d) Take picture of TV in main room, and new framed picture hanging in cove

  • (e) Order component cables for TV electronics


  • 3. Snacks I enjoy:

    Maybe some string cheese, or whole wheat pita and hummus.

    4. What would you do if you were a billionaire?

    Take over the world. But seriously, I'd travel, take classes on things I'm curious about and get odd jobs.

    Places I'd like to go:
  • Wander around Eastern Europe for a while - I like places off the beaten path

  • Visit every national park in the US and Canada

  • Spend more time in Southeast Asia

  • Wander around Western Europe (though Eastern Europe is higher on my priority list)


  • Classes I'd like to take:
  • Building classes toward becoming a GC

  • Go to culinary school

  • Canyoneering certification classes

  • white water kayaking classes


  • Odd Jobs I'd like to do:
  • Be a lumberjack for a season

  • Alaskan crab fisherman for a season

  • Random apprenticeship type jobs in home construction


  • If you watch the discovery channel you may sense a theme to some of my desired odd jobs.

    5. Places I would live:

    Seattle, or anywhere in the Pacific Northwest, and a summer cabin in Montana. I'll live almost anywhere for a couple of years to experience the area.

    6. Bloggers I am passing the challenge onto are:

    How about DC Rowhouse, re:habitat, Four Beds Two Baths, The Brick House and One Project Closer.

      +++
    Do you have any questions for me? The more random, the better.

    6 comments:

    Jen @ RamblingRenovators said...

    Thanks for answering on the tag. That's a pretty diverse odd job list :)

    I'm an INTJ myself.

    Latinqueen said...

    Just ran across your blog and loved your choices on the house. My husband and I are around the corner from you and are tackling out own renovation, though going at a much slower pace. The rowhouse has always been in his family, but never been updated, so we're tacking that now. Ironically, he works for Discovery channel! good luck...

    Liz said...

    I was just reading over your answers to the survey and noticed your interest in culinary school (if you were a billionaire, that is). If the billion dollars isn't coming as quickly as you'd like, I thought you might enjoy this cheap and online alternative to culinary school.
    http://www.rouxbe.com/

    You've got a great blog! It inspires us to keep moving on our own remodel.

    Corey said...

    Thanks wanderluster - glad to see more NT's out there in houseblogia!

    Howdy latinequeen - where are the pictures!?!? :-) Also, let me know if they need an extra fisherman, or somebody to do whatever weird job show is coming up next.

    liz - Will definitely have to check that out! Glad to inspire, seeing as I've been in a massive home improvement funk for a couple of months. Hopefully I can use you as motivation too. :-)

    Anonymous said...
    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
    Anonymous said...

    got your tag; we're tagging back tomorrow!!