Sunday, July 17, 2011

Dear Grandma

I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to say a proper goodbye. I was glad to hear that mom and dad were by your side when your time came and that it was peaceful. I'm also happy that after 31 years, you'll once again be reunited with Jerry. I wish I could have met him.


Grandma

I want to remember all the good stories and times past. Like in Hawaii how we drove around with Aunt Harriett on the hunt for the perfect Mai Tai. And how happy Leigh and I were that you made it to our wedding. Or how when I threw fishfood at your feet and you called me a little shit (you were right, I was). And when after the in-laws came to visit Michigan you begrudgingly told them they were alright. The thought of no new memories with you in them is a tough pill to swallow.

Grandma's Hands

While I wish I was there to say goodbye, most of all I'm just flat out going to miss you. I'm going to miss the sound of your giggle, the sight of you pushing your walker/chariot around with a martini on it, and your voice on a phone call. You always ended the call reminding me how proud you were of me. I was on cloud nine for the rest of the day, and Leigh and I would talk about how postively sweet you were. My heart keeps hoping you'll call but in my head I know that memories will have to suffice.

G-ma

G-ma - I'm glad that your pain is over, but I'm really going to miss you. And most of all I am proud to have known you.

Love,

Corey

No comments: